<font face="Tahoma" size="2">Kentuckian Denver Cornett bought his TC new in 1947, drove it every day, and traveled to Watkins Glen for that first race in 1948. After losing control on the back half of the course during the Junior Prix race, Cornett rolled his MG twenty feet downhill into a creek at Old Stone Bridge. He was wearing an SCCA lap belt and helmet, which probably saved his life. For his trouble, he received the distinction of having the bridge unofficially renamed in his honor. He was loaned a pair of replacement wheels by none other than America's Cup and future Le Mans team owner Briggs Cunningham. Both Cornett and the MG competed in the main event later in the day. The TC, little harmed, finished seventh and returned to race at Watkins Glen several times over the next few years.
In 1950 Denver entered the DUPONT SPECIAL, which was a flattie V-8 in a Indy Car chassis. The car was quick, but suffered a disabling shunt in that race. Denver returned to his roots, and ran the MG TC annually thru 1955 and retired from racing in 1963.
Then when vintage racing became popular, he restored his #7 TC and returned to race at the Glen in 1994. Apparently that race kindled great memories, as Denver continued to campaign his TC at other SVRA events, such as Road America.